The Harrisburg Camera Club’s year end celebration and awards banquet was held last night at the Park Inn in Mechanicsburg. We had a very nice dinner, a presentation of awards and two digital slide shows by Denny Bingaman, Wildlife Photographer. The event lasted approximately 3 hours from 6:00PM until 9:00PM. The turnout was pretty good by all accounts.
Awards were given to the previously announced winners of the Color Print of the Year and the Monochromatic Print of the Year. These winners are listed below.
Color Print of The Year
- 1st Place – Diane Peresie – “Walking the Dog”
- 2nd Place – Jim Crowley – “Sunset in Sunset Key”
- 3rd Place – Randal Lathrop – “Deception Falls”
- Tom Mulder – “Early Autumn Morning”
- John Pittman – “Buoy Meets Gull”
Monochromatic Print of the Year
- 1st Place – Larry Rankin – “St. James Street”
- 2nd Place – Tom Mulder – “A View from Lemoyne”
- 3rd Place – Diane Peresie – “The Purina Factory”
- George Shearer – “Alaska in Black and White”
- John Pittman – “Retro Glam”
Congratulations to all these photographers!
After these awards were presented the scores for the photos presented in the Digital Image of the Year contest were reviewed. Much to my surprise it was announced that my image, “Abandoned Gymnasium – J.W. Cooper School” was the winner and I was presented with the trophy for the Harrisburg Camera Club’s 2011-2012 Digital Image of the Year.
I am humbled, this is a great honor.